Beast of Prey, Apex Legends’ latest collection event, went live on Tuesday with an update that brought a new limited-time mode, some minor meta changes, and plenty of new cosmetic items to the game–including Loba’s long-awaited heirloom weapon. . The event is significant enough that the game’s developers saw fit to schedule two Reddit AMAs to answer players’ questions about Apex’s upcoming changes.
The first AMA was primarily focused on the new Gun Run LTM and took place yesterday. Second AMA Will be concerned with legends, weapons and the overall meta of the game. It is destined to be Official Apex Legends subreddit Today at 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET. With enough content to fill two Reddit AMAs, the Beast of Prey event has a lot to offer, so keep reading for a feature-by-feature breakdown of everything this jam-packed event has in store.
shoot the gun
Arguably the most exciting new feature to arrive with the Beast of Prey update, Gun Run is a new limited-time mode that offers an Outland-style take on the standard gun game formula. Four squads of four players must fight their way to victory by working their way through a 25-weapon arsenal one kill at a time. Any squad that gets 25 kills is replaced with a firearm knife that gives all members of that squad the ability to single-handedly win the match. The first team to throw the knife wins.
Throwing knives can be practiced inside the firing range, so be sure to check it out if you’re struggling to hit your targets.
Collection event cosmetics
The Beast of Prey Cosmetic Collection contains 24 items, each of which can be unlocked through Apex Coins (100 AC – $1 USD), Crafting Metal or Beast of Prey Apex Packs (700 AC each). The following items are included in the collection:
Epic (1,000 AC / 800 Crafting Metal)
- Hunting on Lifeline Banner Frame
- Xenothron Horizon Banner Frame
- Third Party Holo Spay
- Flaunt it Loba Skydive emote
- Happy gigawatts watson emote
- Ones and Threes Mirage emote
- Hollow One Gibraltar’s legendary leather
- Blight Walker Revenant Legendary Skin
- Toxic waste car SMG weapon skin
- Noxious Spray Hemlock Weapon Skin Bloody Gold Longbow Weapon Skin
- Arctic Fox Wingman Weapon Skin
Legendary (1,800 AC / 2,400 Crafting Metal)
- Bounty Hunter Fuse Legendary Skin
- Healing Hunter Lifeline Legendary skin
- Hunt Loba is a legendary skin thrill
- Mark of Death Alternator weapon skin
- Chunky Tech Havoc weapon skin
- Toxic Takedown Peacekeeper weapon skin
- Die tired octane legendary skin
- Search and destroy the Pathfinder legend skin
- The Legend of Frozen Assassin skin
- Leather the secondary jaw rampage weapon
- Gold Talons Prowler weapon skin
- Brood Ma is the legendary skin of the horizon
You can take a closer look at the Alien vs. Predator-inspired cosmetics in our Beast of Prey Collection event gallery.
Loba’s Heirloom Set
Unlocking all 24 Beasts of Prey cosmetics will earn you Lobar’s heirloom weapon, the Gara de Alanza (“Claw of Alanza”). Modeled after a fan once owned by his late mother Alanza, Lobar inherits sharp, claw-like blades and a unique inspection animation that features him slicing one of the Revenant’s spare skulls in half.
Players who unlock Lobar’s Heirloom Set will receive the following items:
- Garra de Alanza Heirloom Weapon
- Trazer de Volta (“Return” or “Bring Back”) Loba Banner Pose
- “I’m in a class of my own” Loba intro quip
Loba’s Heirloom will also be available for purchase in the Mythic Store in exchange for Heirloom Shards once the event ends. Heirloom Shards are earned by opening Apex Packs, and players are guaranteed one set of shards for every 500 Apex Packs they open.
The Beast of Prey event also features a series of rewards that can only be unlocked by collecting Challenge Points. Challenges refresh daily, and so far, the event seems to give players the same challenges every day. Each challenge has a second level, which allows you to earn more points for overcoming the primary challenge.
The first level of challenge is as follows:
- Play 2 matches
- Deal 1,500 damage
- Get 5 kills or assists in any mode
- Get 5 knockdowns in battle royale
- Get top 10 finishes 4 times in battle royale
You will need a total of 5,000 Challenge Points to earn all the free rewards in the event
You can also earn the following badges for performing certain feats on the battlefield. The following badges can be obtained by completing the respective challenges:
- Beast of Prey Destator: Deal 50,000 damage in any mode during the Beast of Prey event
- Beast of Prey Exterminator: Get 200 kills or assists in any mode during the Beast of Prey event
- Best of Pre Arms Dealers: Win 10 matches of Gun Run during the Beast of Prey event
- Beast of Prey Master: Earn all other Beast of Prey badges
As you rack up Challenge Points, you’ll earn the following rewards:
- Horizon Stat Tracker Set (Wins/Damage Completed/Kills): 500 / 1,250 / 2,000 Challenge Points
- Vantage Stat Tracker Set (Wins/Damage Completed/Kills): 750 / 2,500 / 4,000 Challenge Points
- Beast of Prey Banner Badge: 250 Challenge Points
- Beast of Prey Music Pack: 250 Challenge Points
- Apex Pack: 1,000 Challenge Points
- Hunter’s Pack Weapon Charm (Epic): 1,500 Challenge Points
- Stalker Vantage Legend Skin (Epic): 3,000 Challenge Points
- Arctic Calibration Devotion Weapon Skin (Legendary): 3,500 Challenge Points
- Killer Carapis Flatline Weapon Skin (Legendary): 5,000 Challenge Points
A series of store bundles will also be available while the event is live.
September 20 – 27:
September 27 – October 4:
The Beast of Prey Collection event runs until October 4, so make sure you start grinding those Challenge Points if you want to snag two free Legendary Weapon skins from the reward track.
GameSpot may receive commissions from retail offers.
The products discussed here have been independently selected by our editors GameSpot may receive a share of revenue if you purchase something featured on our site.