What are some ways companies can improve customer service in today’s lean environment? Originally appeared Cora: A place to acquire and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
Many of today’s service experiences leave something to be desired. This is mainly because the soft skills of employees have decreased dramatically in the last few years. These skills include professionalism, courtesy, friendliness, attention to detail, and more. I attribute this decline to two main factors:
- A significant reduction in human interaction during the pandemic
- Staff shortage
Unfortunately, the employees in the company are overworked and their attitude towards their work has gone down. So how can employers turn this situation around?
- Train employees on soft skills and provide incentives for excellent service. If implemented, your customers will have a better experience and so will your employees.
- Look for soft skills in the hiring process. You can do this in a variety of ways when interviewing potential candidates, such as asking probing questions and using role-playing activities and situations.
- Put scheduling activities front and center. If your employees are overworked, their soft skills will naturally decrease. They will become annoying, annoying and their interactions with customers will not be positive. Make sure scheduling issues are worked out in advance to prevent this from happening This should be one of your main areas of concentration.
- It will take some time to turn this decline around, but we need to start now. We don’t want our soft skill level to drop further. This is why it is important to focus on correcting this situation as soon as possible.