Last week, Nintendo announced that Mario Strikers: Battle League will be getting some new content – including new characters, a new stadium, and even some new gear.
This same update is now officially live – adding Pauline and Diddy Kong to the match. There’s also the new Stadium Planetoid to play with. There are some adjustments and fixes to improve the overall gameplay. Here are the full details via Nintendo’s official support page:
Ver. 1.2.0 (released on September 21, 2022)
- Added “Pauline” as a playable character.
- Added “Diddy Kong” as a playable character.
- Added “Planetoid” stadium.
- Added “barrel” gear set.
- Added “Striker Ranking” to main menu. Compete by comparing your personal abilities against a set time “Skill Score”, which changes with your performance in online matches (except Battle Friends).
- The following content has been added to “Striker Club”.
- You can now customize the fans in the stadium. Access it by going to “Club Management” → “Stadium” → “Supporters”.
- You can use coins to see fireworks and confetti when you score a goal or when you win a match. Access it by going to “Club Management” → “Match Celebration”.
- Adjusted behavior so that CPU teammates identify opponents more quickly.
- Adjust the order of characters when you change characters.
- Adjusted the charge time of Perfect Free Pass and Perfect Free Lob Pass.
- Increases the amount of coins and tokens you earn depending on the outcome of a match.
- A rule period of the Strikers Club has been changed, which states that a club will not be allowed to join a season if a member of a club is not online for a period of 90 days to 30 days.
- Did the number change? Blocks thrown to the losing team on a 2 to 1 kickoff if the score difference is 2 points.
- Adjusted matchmaking system in online matches.
- Made several other adjustments to game balance and fixed several other issues to improve the gameplay experience.
Have you downloaded this update yet? Notice anything else? Please comment below.