Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Have Reunited With Kids In California After Queen’s Funeral: Report
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle flew back to California on Tuesday, a day after Queen Elizabeth’s funeral.
- The couple reportedly planned to return home immediately after the funeral as they missed their children “like crazy”.
- The Sussexes had only planned to stay in Europe for less than a week but extended their stay after the Queen died
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have returned to California after Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral, according to reports.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are back home in Montecito, California, and finally reunited with their children Archie, 3, and Lilybet, 1, after more than two weeks apart. our weekly Report
Prince Harry, 38, and Markle, 41, have been in Europe since September 4. They initially planned to stay there for just under a week to attend a series of philanthropic engagements.
However, Queen Elizabeth II’s health rapidly deteriorated while in the UK, and the late monarch died on September 8 at the age of 96. The couple decided to extend their stay until his funeral.
Prince Harry and Markle left the UK on Tuesday, a day after the late monarch’s funeral. Page Six Report While the couple was away, Markle’s mother, Doria Ragland, reportedly looked after their children.
Before they left her home country, an anonymous source told Us Weekly on Monday that Prince Harry and Markle planned to return home to California immediately after the funeral because they missed their children “like crazy.”
“Meghan and Harry are preparing to return to Montecito almost immediately after the funeral, where they will be reunited with Archie and Lilybet after more than two weeks apart,” the source added, adding that it was “the longest time they’ve been away” from their children. .”
The insider continued, “They miss the kids like crazy and are FaceTimeing them every day, but can’t wait to see them again in a few weeks.”
The death of Queen Elizabeth II reunited Prince Harry and Prince William, who had been separated for years since the Duke of Sussex and Markle decided to step down from royal duties in 2020.
Two days after the Queen died, the Prince of Wales invited his younger brother and sister-in-law to join him and his wife, Kate Middleton, outside Windsor Castle to greet mourners. It’s the first time the one-time “Fab Four” have been photographed together in more than two years.
Prince William continued to stay in touch with Prince Harry after the September 10 walkout.
During the Queen’s committal service at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle on Monday, she was seen waving to her younger brother and Markle, inviting them to come and sit with her and her family. Prince Harry nodded before he and his wife joined them in the front row.
Earlier in the day, Prince Harry and Markle sat in the second row during the Queen’s state funeral at Westminster Abbey, prompting speculation among royal fans that it was a deliberate snub to the Sussexes.
However, an unnamed Buckingham Palace source told The Daily Beast that the couple’s second-row seats were a snub and clarified that the seating order was “approximate age order but an effort was made not to split families.”
The palace source suggested that the Queen’s grandchildren, except Prince William, the heir to the throne, were arranged by their ages. Apparently this is why Princess Anne’s children, Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall, sat in the front row with Prince William, Princess Kate and their older children despite not being considered members of the royal family.